Bystrinsky Mining and Processing Plant
of 10 mtpa
of 294 mt of ore
of over RUB 8 bn (USD 131 m)according to management accounts
Outstanding CAPEX for 2016–2017
(net of investment in railway and power infrastructure) of c. RUB 57 bn (USD 780 m)
for 3,115 employees
Average metal content
Construction of an open-pit mine and a mining and processing plant in order to utilise untapped reserves.
The Bystrinskoye Field is located in the Gazimuro-Zavodsky District of Trans-Baikal Territory.
Annual output at design capacity
- 67 kt of copper in concentrate
- 2.9 mt of magnetite concentrate (Fe content — 66%)
- 252 koz of gold in concentrate
- In December 2015, a contract for the acquisition of a 13.33% stake in the Chita project for USD 100 m was signed with Chinese investors.
- In December 2015, temporary operation of the Naryn-1 (Borzya) — Gazimursky Zavod railway started
- Contracts between FGC UES and Engineering and Construction Management Centre of Unified Energy System for the construction of a high-voltage power line with further repurchase by FGC UES were signed; construction works started
- The design documents were approved by the state (access roads, facilities of the mining and processing plant)
- Contracts for all process equipment supplies for the concentrator were signed.
and launch of the Naryn-1 (Borzya)
— Gazimursky Zavod railway Late 2016 Launch of the mining and
processing plant Commissioning
of the 220 kV power line 2017 The plant reaching the design